Kim Martucci's Blog

Kim is so in love with the science of meteorology that her number one hobby is chasing tornadoes. On her most exciting excursion into tornado alley, she spotted twelve of the dangerous storms. The story she broadcast about that trip helped earn her an Emmy Award nomination as best weathercaster in New England.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A TASTE OF SUMMER LATER THIS WEEK!

Wow, can you believe this?  I have my own blog!  All I did was gripe for weeks about how I was the only person on the morning show without a blog and now that I have one, I am at a loss for words!  I guess I should talk about the weather, huh?  This week, we have one hurdle to jump over before a taste of summer arrives.  That hurdle is the rain that will be falling on Election Night and Wednesday morning.  After that, it looks like our upper-level winds will be locked up kind of far north for this time of year.  So, mild Pacific air will flood the country.  This will mean 70s here Thursday and Friday.

 

In other news…I thought I would use this area as a place to answer your questions and tell you some behind the scenes scoop.  Sound good?  We’ll test the waters with this little tidbit:  Our morning traffic reporter, Nicole O’Brian, now shares an office in the studio with the weather folks.  Every morning, around 5:42, we go outside on the weather terrace for a “tease” for weather and traffic.  Because I am so tall (and yes, I wear heels), Nicole gets to stand on a little platform.  The only problem this morning was that her platform was missing (YIKES!)  So, we are on a station-wide hunt for the platform.  I’ll keep you updated on the investigation.

 

Thanks for watching us in the mornings and reading my blog!

 

--Kim Martucci

WUSA 9 Morning Meteorologist

1 Comments:

At November 8, 2006 at 2:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kim-
I'm sure Nicole's stool will turn up - after all its not food (you know how office people will eat anything)! I enjoy watching the weather because I get up at 5:00 am everyday - thanks to you I have an idea of how to dress! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home