Kim Martucci's Blog

Kim is so in love with the science of meteorology that her number one hobby is chasing tornadoes. On her most exciting excursion into tornado alley, she spotted twelve of the dangerous storms. The story she broadcast about that trip helped earn her an Emmy Award nomination as best weathercaster in New England.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

POCONO SNOW!


I enjoy zipping up to Northeast PA (NEPA) sometimes to meet up with my family; It is an excellent mid-way point for us to catch up and hang out. While Betsy (that's the name I kind of gave my hybrid -- mostly from the woman's voice on my GPS) talked me through some back roads of Amish Country, I noticed raindrops changing over to snowflakes. They weren't sticking...YET. By the time I got to the beautiful POCONO MOUNTAINS, that started to change.

I went to bed hoping that the National Weather Service forecast I had heard on the way up would verify "Accumulation possible across the higher elevations." I awakened to a nice snowy landscape outside! I'd say about 1/2" fell. My copper roof outside my window had a nice blanket of white.

I enjoy my visits up here also because it allows me to travel between seasons. While DC is still enjoying Fall, the Poconos are always rushing into the colder months. By the same token, they are always sluggish to move forward into Spring.

Have a great weekend!

9 Comments:

At November 12, 2007 at 11:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey kim, love the poconos. We did a bit of our honeymoon there, 10 yrs ago. really beautiful, and im sure even more so in snow im sure. I just wanna see some of the white stuff here!
Well i was just checking your blog and profile a bit. love the fact that your a storm chaser, wife and i consider ourselves amature storm chasers and have been able to see more than one tornadoe right here in your viewing area.
Anyways, have a great day, and i loved the outfit this morning, nice to see you showing off a little of that fantastic body! Don't tell ben i noticed though, he might make ya wear more next time! :P

 
At November 12, 2007 at 4:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Kim,

Just wanted to say hello and tell you that you are doing a great job. Since you have joined the news 9 team it has been eventful to listen to you. You are confident, comedic, and genuinely have fun doing your job and it shows to your viewers. As a a life long washingtonian, i have high standards for my news and news team i watch. And i have to say you exceed them in every want. Keep up the great work.

Feel free to write back anytime you want to say hi. You can reach me at either Dilanian@gmail.com and or on myspace.com/jacksarven

until then, take care!

Jack Dilanian

 
At November 14, 2007 at 11:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Big Mar-tooch!! You should go on Don & Mike at some point. They're big fans, especially Don. Hey they've already had Topper and HB on there, so you should do their show too! They joke, but I think they're huge fans. Do it!!!

 
At November 18, 2007 at 11:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

K-
Just have meaning to say something since you got on the air, and I'm finally getting around to it. I get to work at 6:30am and when I turn on the computer, it's comforting to know there's the weather report from you. I often smile at how it's written, and even though it's a small thing, it goes a long way. Hmmm, now I wonder if I should tell you about the WFF wrestling matches my dog and cat get into? You should see my cat ponder his move and jump and grab the dog at the neck in all it's fur... I wish I had a picture. HA! Take care- and thanks for making my day lighter.
k

 
At November 21, 2007 at 1:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks swinger ron, that was creepy. Kim does very well at her job. Keep up the entusiasm, it starts our days off nicely...

 
At November 21, 2007 at 9:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kim,
The weather is fine at
Mattawoman-Beantown! :-)
John

 
At November 28, 2007 at 2:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim,
We would love to have you come down and do a broadcast from Mattawoman-Beantown Road!! We live just off M-B Road and would love to see you down here one morning! Maybe you can come and see this huge Christmas display that a family does each year and report on that! It is just off M-B Road. We would love to have you!

 
At November 28, 2007 at 11:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WATCHA DOIN SLEEPIN? BOUT TIME TO UPDATE. DONCHA THINK?

 
At December 2, 2007 at 6:35 AM , Blogger Yota said...

I've never been up there, but one morning I went up to Massanutten ski resort in the late spring. It was a damp foggy morning and the clouds had evidently passed through the mountains that night.
The effect was delicate thin sheets of ice on the branches of every tree and bush, but not perpendicular to the ground, rather parallel in the direction the clouds had passed. I had never seen this effect before and only wished I'd had a camera with me to record it.

As a meteorologist, I thought this may interest you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home