Kim Martucci's Blog

Kim is so in love with the science of meteorology that her number one hobby is chasing tornadoes. On her most exciting excursion into tornado alley, she spotted twelve of the dangerous storms. The story she broadcast about that trip helped earn her an Emmy Award nomination as best weathercaster in New England.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

CONEY ISLAND, in CUMBERLAND

I just came across this picture from my trip to Cumberland a few weeks ago and wanted to let you know about their "Famous Weiners Since 1918." It is just down a side street off Baltimore St. (the pedestrian mall) on Liberty Street.

As soon as I walked in I was greeted enthusiastically with "Hey it's Kim Martucci". I was like "You watch?" I don't know why this surprises me, but it always does.

You see Gino in the picture? He's the owner. The stacked hot dogs up his arm is how they all carry them there. It's the Coney Island way. The restaurant has been in the same family since WWI. How about that? So, the next time you're in Cumberland, drop in and say "hi" to Gino. Tell him "Kim Martucci sent me!"

3 Comments:

At October 18, 2007 at 3:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll have to try those on our next trip out to Western Maryland! Another tip -- Guiseppi's Restaurant in Frostburg! It is THE BEST! My husband and I went there several times during our time at Frostburg State University and was the one place we missed when we graduated. Before life became hectic with kids and demanding jobs, we would take off for a weekend in Frostburg and Guiseppi's would be on our list of places to go!!!

 
At October 18, 2007 at 6:09 PM , Blogger Yota said...

Didja get a courtesy hot dog on the house?

Just kidding, but you did advertise the business on your blog, and that would be worth a dog to me!

Anyways, I'm headed up that way on Saturday. Just to Hagerstown though, as my oldest brother is starting a bicycle trip, and I'm dropping him off.

If you remember my post in "home sweet home" this starting location may have more meaning. If there's time I think we will take a look around to see what has changed in Hagerstown. Family affair...

The ride will be a long one. All the way to Wytheville VA. He has planned the trip, and will stay at motels along the way. He will visit our fathers birthplace and our mothers grave.

He is no stranger to long rides as he rode for MS: http://www.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?team_id=90042&pg=team&fr_id=6160&s_tafId=12212

I'll see if I can grab a hotdog one day in Cumberland. I'd like to ride the appalachian trail one day (mountain bike), and that would be a great stop off.

 
At October 19, 2007 at 11:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A hottie and some hot dogs! ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home