Kim Martucci's Blog

Kim is so in love with the science of meteorology that her number one hobby is chasing tornadoes. On her most exciting excursion into tornado alley, she spotted twelve of the dangerous storms. The story she broadcast about that trip helped earn her an Emmy Award nomination as best weathercaster in New England.

Friday, December 29, 2006

Good-bye 2006...

2006 is a few short days away from closing out and I’m just sitting here, putting the forecast in “Cruise Control” all week. Thanks to the good folks at The National Weather Service, here are some stats about the last 30 days:

  • The time period from November 27 to December 27 was in the top 10 warmest for that span of time.
  • We were not alone, that also holds true for Baltimore.
  • DC has temperature records that date back to 1872.
  • 2001 actually had the warmest 30 day period over the same dates in DC.
  • 2007 will ring in on a very soggy note.

As I look ahead towards the first week of the New Year, I see no real cold air in sight. I have to admit that I like my utility bills lately. I also like that I don’t have huge “salt rings” on my black suede boots! Oh, before I forget, it has come to my attention that my dear old dad regularly reads my blog. So, this one’s for you, Pop! I love you and happy New Year!

Be safe everyone. Thanks for reading my blog and watching us in the mornings (tell your friends!) I’ll see you back on the air on January 2nd.

1 Comments:

At January 2, 2007 at 7:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea I wonder what the forecasters at the Old Farmers Almanac have to say about their way off forecast?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home