Kim Martucci's Blog

Kim is so in love with the science of meteorology that her number one hobby is chasing tornadoes. On her most exciting excursion into tornado alley, she spotted twelve of the dangerous storms. The story she broadcast about that trip helped earn her an Emmy Award nomination as best weathercaster in New England.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Things

So, I keep a list of my favorite things.  These are the classics that don’t go out of style for me.  Some examples are:  My nephew Zachary (who has called me “Daunte” his whole life and I’m not so sure he knows my real name), the way my cat will wiggle her backside before she pounces on something (most likely my poor, unsuspecting other cat), the sound of 8 oars “locking in” on the smooth water early in the morning during a row, Bar Harbor Maine, tornadoes (not the damage they create, rather, the beauty of how mother nature creates these intense vortexes to redistribute energy in the atmosphere), diners, WXRV radio, What Not to Wear on TLC, auctions.  There are more items on the list, but I think you get my picture.

 

And then there is my “trendy list” (TL).  Some of these things may make it to the classic list, however, it is too early to tell.  Tops right now on the TL is Orbit Mint Mojito gum.  I cannot get enough of that stuff!  Another item on the TL is the word snarky.  I don’t even know what it means (perhaps I should look it up before I post this…) I did…according to the Urban Dictionary it means “A witty mannerism, personality, or behavior that is a combination of sarcasm and cynicism. Usually accepted as a complimentary term. Snark is sometimes mistaken for a snotty or arrogant attitude.”  Let the list continue:  Benjamin Moore paint samples (in particular the color Liberty Green -- do you think it would look good on a Victorian house?  I am leaning that way…), speaking of Ben’s, there is my boyfriend Ben (*good* shot at making the classic list here…), Orange County Choppers…

 

I’ve got a not so favorite things list, but I’ll keep this positive and spare you those details.

 

What are some of your favorite things?  Go read Mike Walter’s blog.  It’s actually funny!  It almost makes my TL.  Thanks for reading and stay cool.

 

--KM

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home