Kim Martucci's Blog

Kim is so in love with the science of meteorology that her number one hobby is chasing tornadoes. On her most exciting excursion into tornado alley, she spotted twelve of the dangerous storms. The story she broadcast about that trip helped earn her an Emmy Award nomination as best weathercaster in New England.

Monday, July 02, 2007

WEATHER PROMISE

If you were watching our broadcast at 5:15 AM, not only did you get an updated forecast, but you got a meteorological promise as well.  Making promises when it comes to weather can be pretty scary.  I tend to shy away from that.  Going up against Mother Nature could leave you slightly embarrassed.  But, none the less, a promise I made and a promise I shall keep.

 

I have my “not so favorite” things list.  I haven’t spilled the beans about what’s on it yet, but the following most certainly is.  Every year meteorologists have the usual holidays for which to forecast.  It is easy to fall into the same old rut:  “It is going to be as hot as a fire cracker”, or “Mother Nature is going to put on her own fire works display.”  PUH-LEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEE.  I’m sooooooo over that.  Enough already!  Those phrases should be banned from the 7 days surrounding Independence Day.  We can do better.  Anyway, it goes without saying, that I will not be uttering those overused weather phrases this week.

 

I am throwing an Independence Day party.  Food for thought for you single ladies – date someone who enjoys cooking.  Ben will be saving the day for me (thank you!!)  I got the entire house cleaned.  I spent all day Saturday in my yard.  This included scooping out all the “yuck” from my small, fake pond, and filling it back up with the help of my hose (which I located on the other side of the yard in the woods (???))  I also managed to mow my front yard which is, seriously, about a 50 degree slope.  It’s a short distance, but I’m about ][ this close to falling down the hill with the mower into the hedges below.  I would rather mow my entire yard 10 times than do that little hill section.

 

I have been talking about what color I should paint the exterior of my house.  After trying out several samples, it looks like “Liberty Park” is the winner.  It is actually like a Statue of Liberty green.  This is rather appropriate for my holiday party.  Unfortunately, it is only painted in one small section.  The rest of my house is a combination of “Gripper Primer White”, school bus yellow, and peeled off clapboard.  I love my money pit.

 

Have a safe holiday!

 

--KM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home