Kim Martucci's Blog

Kim is so in love with the science of meteorology that her number one hobby is chasing tornadoes. On her most exciting excursion into tornado alley, she spotted twelve of the dangerous storms. The story she broadcast about that trip helped earn her an Emmy Award nomination as best weathercaster in New England.

Saturday, January 05, 2008

COMPETING FOR YOUR READERSHIP


So now I'm panicking...All thanks to Mike Walter who mentioned in his blog that among our blogs at the station, mine is in second place (behind Stat911) I am happy and kind of freaking out because now I feel like I have to really earn your readership. Can I coast on stories about my goofy family, cats and Ben updates??? Can I??

And what's with this email (again, it was in Mike's blog) from our webmaster, Rick, about blog or have your blog cancelled? I didn't get that email -- when did that go out and why did I miss it? That puts me on edge, too, because you *know* that's how things start: First you are not included in the loop with key emails, next your blog goes away and then before too long, your picture mysteriously disappears from the station website...hmmmmmmmmm.
Okay, if Mike WalteR (note the lack of an S on his name -- it is amazing how many people who KNOW HIM, including my mom, call him Mike WalterS) is going to blog whether or not he has anything to say, then so am I. Wait, I already do that.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

I should take a moment to catch up with you. I have been kind of busy helping Ben build a pantry in his kitchen. So, instead of lounging on the couch watching the filled-up-TIVO-of-Designed-to-Sell-and-Divine-Design, I have been put to work. I now know how to dry wall (!!!) I can "mud", too. But boy does it get dusty. I have to wear this mask thing that makes me feel like Darth Vader. But the pantry is almost done. It is actually a test, I think. I have convinced Ben that he should help me remodel my kitchen and add a half bath. So, he agreed to help me after we finish his pantry. I think he wants to see if I can be somewhat handy (does he even know I own my OWN miter box???) and see a project through.


Anyway, the pantry is almost done. I'll post the finish product soon.

Hey, thank YOU for reading my blog. I am sure my mom and sister will be THRILLED to know that their goofy pictures were viewed by THOUSANDS of people. By the way, during our show this week, I was sent a picture of our latest "mammal" to join the weather team -- a bonafide WEATHER BUNNY! His name is Spookster and he lives in Fairfax. Apparently, he is let out of his huge multi level "house" every morning during our 5:30am broadcast and is right in the middle of munching on some lettuce when my weather segment comes on at 5:45am. Anyway, if you have any pets who's morning routines revolve around any portion of our morning show, please let me know! If you get a picture of them watching us or even video, I could see this being a fun segment -- at the very least I would love to show it in my blog.

Okay, I am off to jet out for some eats -- the Bonefish Grill has this dish called (I never get this part right) Muscles Josephine, or is it Oysters Josephine, or is it Clams Josephine? Whatever it is, I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.
See you soon and THANKS AGAIN FOR READING MY BLOG -- HAPPY NEW YEAR!

5 Comments:

At January 7, 2008 at 11:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim's blog has been voted "Best Blog in Washington" by Logo Man.

 
At January 8, 2008 at 3:46 AM , Blogger WeatherWarrior said...

Kim:

Up late tonight, watching the green glowing meteorites falling.

While on the WUSA site, ran across that you did some storm chasing a few years ago. Would like to hear more about that. I've been chasing since 1997 out in the Plains and starting Hurricane chasing in 2003 during Isabel. You may have even seen my DVDs in the studio's library, that I dropped of a few years ago. It was the Hurricane Charley DVD and another 2004 season DVD called September's Fury.

Like I said, would love to hear more about your chasing. Who have you chased with, what storms were you on, etc.

Jason Foster
www.weatherwarrior.net

 
At January 8, 2008 at 7:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim,

I share your dry wall woes! I had my respirator on for nearly 10 minutes before I realized I wasn't getting enough oxygen and ended up getting light headed when I stood up all the way and ended up passing out for a momemnt. Unfortunately, I stumbled into the work I was on and ended up crashing THROUGH the wall!! To make matters worse, I neglected to make provisions for insulation, ventilation, moisture control and wiring prior to the installation of the second section of drywall and had to start from scratch. I think from now on, I'll have a "professional contractor" (as my wife keeps reminding me) do the painful work.

Best of luck!

Drywall Danny

 
At January 11, 2008 at 8:01 AM , Blogger mike walter said...

Kim,

I noticed that I terrified you by letting you know that if you don't blog 3 times a week your blog will be yanked. I noticed this is your most recent entry from Saturday. I guess I'd better get ready to go to number #2!! Just kidding...start writing people count on this. Mike

 
At January 11, 2008 at 6:24 PM , Blogger Yota said...

What is all this about?

/boggle....?

I don't read you often, but when I do it's always enjoyable.

Keep posting!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home