Kim Martucci's Blog

Kim is so in love with the science of meteorology that her number one hobby is chasing tornadoes. On her most exciting excursion into tornado alley, she spotted twelve of the dangerous storms. The story she broadcast about that trip helped earn her an Emmy Award nomination as best weathercaster in New England.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

9 Clicks (and Chicks!)



Once in a while, Ben & I get gift certificates to restaurants. We sometimes don't realize they have an expiration date until a day or two before (if we're lucky.) This was the case tonight when we zipped up to the Bone Fish Grill for some eats. Phew! Just made it.


Anyway, while waiting outside for our pager to go off, two nice ladies recognized me. "Aren't you the weather lady from channel 9?" (Already I'm feeling old .. it used to upset me when people didn't refer to me as a meteorologist, and now I am offended if they call me "lady" instead of "girl"!) "I really like your hair", she continued. (Note to self: Make sure you tell Dale (my stylist who surprised me by watching my broadcast yesterday when he popped into town and proceeded to tell me my hair looked like -- I can't say the word here.))


Turns out I had the great pleasure of meeting Diane Mangel of Mechanicsville and her buddy, Joanna Stafford, of Alexandria. Heads up -- if you say "hi" to me out and about, I will likely take out my camera and snap your picture; It will end up on our morning show or my blog, or, in this case, both!

2 Comments:

At August 9, 2007 at 10:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonefish Grill?! Yum! What did you order? Hopefully you had the Bang-Bang Shrimp!

 
At August 10, 2007 at 8:23 PM , Blogger Kim M. said...

This time we go the Oysters Josephine ... or something like that. LOVE that dish! Ben and I order extra bread just to sop up the broth. YUM!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home