Kim Martucci's Blog

Kim is so in love with the science of meteorology that her number one hobby is chasing tornadoes. On her most exciting excursion into tornado alley, she spotted twelve of the dangerous storms. The story she broadcast about that trip helped earn her an Emmy Award nomination as best weathercaster in New England.

Friday, July 27, 2007

SONGS STUCK IN MY HEAD

I have a certain amount of pre-sets on my car radio. I will scan through all 6 of them driving to and from work. Let's face it: I sing with the radio. I have no shame. Traffic light? I keep singing. I know there is a subset of you out there whao sing, but zip it up when surrounded by other cars at a stop. Grow a backbone! It's okay to sing in the car -- be proud!

It seems like there are a certain amount of songs that I hear on a regular basis -- songs that get a lot of play around 3am. If you watch us regularly, you (unfortunately) will be treated to songs that get stuck in my head that I hear all the time. More recently "Dream Weaver" by Gary Wright came uncontrolably out of my mouth last week. Did you know it was the first-ever all-synthesiser/keyboard album (this is according to Wright.) It came out in 1976. Total cheese, and there I am just singing along, trying really hard to get his "tonight" down just right, having it go up in the end.

Here's another 3am favorite: "Space Oddity" or as I call it "Ground Control to Major Tom" by David Bowie. I get so nervous listening to this song. I want to kind of get on the headset in his control room and say "Hey Major Tom, forget the protein pills -- they're not going to help you!" "Go back home to your wife -- you're going to get stuck up there looking back at us with dead circuits!" "Get off your space ship!" Poor Major Tom.


And finally, this morning, I had the pleasure of singing along to "Sister Christian" by Night Ranger. You know what? I sing along and don't pay attention to this song. I just googled it and read the over-alalyzations of the song. There is one guy who goes through the lyrics line by line with some pretty funny commentary. Long story short, it looks like Sister Christian is out looking for some love.
On the really long road trips, I plug in my ipod. But I haven't updated it in about a year and a half and am sick of my play list.

Have a great weekend!








2 Comments:

At July 27, 2007 at 2:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kim,

Thanks for your lively chatter in the morning. I watch 9News every morning from 5:00 until 7:00--yup, the whole shebang! I like the One Team One Dream motto and the fact that you actually take the time to water the plants each day. Great job! Love your flaming red hair too; wish I could pull that off.

 
At July 28, 2007 at 6:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kim

I watch every morning and love to watch you and the dream team; even when you almost say a bad word. It was funny and natural. All of you seem to go together. I remember a few weeks ago you said something about Aim toothpaste that you can't find it anywhere. Go to the Dollar Tree on Jefferson St in Frederick, (I live there also) Paula

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home