Kim Martucci's Blog

Kim is so in love with the science of meteorology that her number one hobby is chasing tornadoes. On her most exciting excursion into tornado alley, she spotted twelve of the dangerous storms. The story she broadcast about that trip helped earn her an Emmy Award nomination as best weathercaster in New England.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

ANGIE DOWN THE AISLE

3 out of 4 of our on-air morning team are now hitched...




Our ever-fashionable-and-always-on-time traffic reporter, Angie Goff, tied the knot over the weekend down in Columbia, SC. Over the past several months I have had the pleasure of not only working with Angie (her desk is about 15 feet away from the weather office), but getting to know her as a friend. Heck, we're even work out partners!

Ben and I are now paying attention. Anything wedding? Take note! We packed the Pryus and set our sights on the REALLY ANNOYING and FAR TOO FREQUENT SOUTH OF THE BORDER signs as we pointed "Betsy" (my GPS) to Columbia.





I apologize for the quality of the video, especially inside the church. The camera is a bit shaky because I was crying and so nervous for Angie! I had to hold the camera with both hands to stop it from shaking! The video above is ANGIE DOWN THE AISLE! Don't ask me how this happens, but I always seem to be blown away by how fast the "you may kiss the bride" thing happens. It seems more and more, like in most churches, that "the kiss" part is not as big a deal as the tv shows and movies make it out to be. I didn't have my camera on (every time I turned it on it made one of those noises and I hated disrupting the ceremony) and before I knew it, Robert (Angie's husband) was planting one on her...even ANGIE looked surprised!


So I missed the S.W.A.K. The video below is Angie leaving the church with Robert, her new husband!



My favorite part?

VSA (Very Superficial Alert):

Catching the red bottoms of her LOUBOUTIN shoes when she knelt down. With a quick red flash, like a fabulous HAWAIIAN SUNSET, they revealed themselves from under her beautiful lacy gown! LOVE THAT. Hmmmmmmmmm.....Me thinks I have my "SOMETHING BORROWED" idea a brewing ... we do share the same size shoe....

So, with Angie's guidance, I will begin planning my big day. She's already loaded me up with books and magazines. Her Wedding WEDnesday blog has been great (I'll steer clear of Copper Penny Bridal Salon..."no thanks") All this wedding talk had me thinking about the last time I wore a white dress and a veil...Hello Holy Communion! And, sigh, the Dorothy Hammil hair cut was ruling the roost then, too.








BEST WISHES ANGIE AND ROBERT!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At April 8, 2008 at 4:45 PM , Blogger Yota said...

From what I could see, it looked like a very nice ceremony.

And yeah some Deja-vu' for you in the not too distant future.

I'm sure they will be happy... well as long as she doesnt sing camp town races in the shower too often :)

 
At April 9, 2008 at 7:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

MAN I HATE Those South of the Border Signs!!!!

Hot Karl

 
At April 9, 2008 at 10:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I 1st read Angie's blog ref that copper penny place :-); I myself would have gone bridezilla on them. What I could see from your vid the dresses were pretty. I still wouldnt use them but the day looked as if it came togather in the end. :-)

America

 
At April 14, 2008 at 7:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although your hair looks great now, would you ever consider reverting to the Dorothy Hammil hair style?

Right on Hot Karl, I HATE those South of the Border signs too!

Tony

 
At April 14, 2008 at 7:29 AM , Blogger Kim M. said...

Tony...
There are mornings when I had the simple DH style...sigh. Oh to be groovy in the 70s again!

 
At November 17, 2010 at 1:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello there thanks for your grat post, as usual ((o:

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home