Kim Martucci's Blog

Kim is so in love with the science of meteorology that her number one hobby is chasing tornadoes. On her most exciting excursion into tornado alley, she spotted twelve of the dangerous storms. The story she broadcast about that trip helped earn her an Emmy Award nomination as best weathercaster in New England.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

"MARTY MARTUCCI" Dog, the Pug Named After Me ?!?

How could I possibly be offended?
When Janice and Brenda emailed me that the latest addition to their family, little Marty, was named after me, my initial reaction was
"Great -- a DOG is being named after me -- what does that say???"
But look at this ADORABLE Pug!

Turns our Brenda and Janice name their dogs with the letter "m". "Martucci" - Marty for short - joins his older brother, Max.


Here are a bunch of pictures of Marty, who was born in Cave City, Arkansas on 1/28/08. It looks like this little stocky guy can hold his own in today's windy weather (gusts to 40mph). How about preparing for that wind chill, huh? No problem for Marty-dog. He most certainly is dressed appropriately in his new blue sweater.
I am fond of the one where he is sleeping with one foot out of his doggie bed. That is tied for the one where he is on his back with his little belly screaming for a rub. "RUB MY BELLY!" I guess Max doesn't mind him literally tagging along -- snuggling right up against his hind quarters.
Okay, there is another dog in my life that I need to tell you about. I'll save my post about "Buddy" for another day...soon. Welcome, Marty, to the 9 News Now family. You make a great mascot. BUT, our team colors are RED. We'll include you on the memo next time...










8 Comments:

At March 21, 2008 at 4:03 AM , Blogger Yota said...

He has your eyes :)

 
At March 21, 2008 at 4:05 AM , Blogger Kim M. said...

Yota -- *What* are you doing up this early? It is 4:05am! Get back to bed!!

 
At March 21, 2008 at 10:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Kim... I just heard the great news!!! Congratulations and lots of luck with you and Ben's new life together!

 
At March 21, 2008 at 12:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Nice ring Kim!

CONGRATULATIONS to both of you. I expect a long blog entry on this event. Where did Ben propose?

 
At March 21, 2008 at 3:56 PM , Blogger Yota said...

Ah you are getting married?
Grats!

Oh and I am (almost) always up at 4, as I usually have to be at work by 6.

 
At March 21, 2008 at 4:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim,
Saw the news on the noon brodcast. You just broke the hearts of all the guys at Alexandria Fire House 206. Ben is now on the hit list. (just kidding) Congratulations to both of you. Stop by for a visit. P.S. Leave Ben at home.

 
At March 21, 2008 at 6:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so disappointed - today was a holiday and instead of watching 9 New Now, I had my grandson and was watching Mickey Mouse Club.. and then to see at noon your engagement!! I feel like I missed a very important part of my day!! Blog about it - and bring me up to date!! just saw on the 6:00 pm news he did it at 9am.. All the best to you!! I'm so happy for you both...

denise - waynesboro pa - my news station!!

 
At March 4, 2010 at 4:23 PM , Blogger Morrigu said...

My name is Marty Martucci and I must say that you do have a handsome pug, so I am honored to share a name with him.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home