Kim Martucci's Blog

Kim is so in love with the science of meteorology that her number one hobby is chasing tornadoes. On her most exciting excursion into tornado alley, she spotted twelve of the dangerous storms. The story she broadcast about that trip helped earn her an Emmy Award nomination as best weathercaster in New England.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

RACE DAY HAS ARRIVED: MY VIDEO BLOG OF THE SHAMROCK MARATHON, VA BEACH

The sea was angry that Sunday morning ...(I feel like being poetic) From the pre-race chat on the hotel balcony to the sprint at the finish line underneath the watchful eye of the NEPTUNE statue, here is my video blog of Ben's first marathon on race day, Sunday 3/16/08. Special thanks to Steve and Logo Man for supporting Ben with me! (Handing out Gatorade and Power Bars, catching stinky discarded clothing, AND ringing the COW BELL! I've got a fever...)














While at the starting line, we met Chris from Arlington who recognized me. Here is his picture. He was also clumped with the 4 hour pace keepers, like Ben. Nice meeting you Chris!











FINAL STATS:

117 our of 201 men age 30 -
34

1093 out of 2293 runners that
finished

Official Time: 4 hours 14 minutes & 53
seconds

GOOD JOB BEN!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At March 17, 2008 at 6:50 AM , Blogger Yota said...

w00t!
Good Job... bet finishing was rewarding as hell... And wait a go Kim for sticking with him even though you had a fever.
I think you and Mike are both MIA on today's broadcast (Monday). I heard this (currently circulating) bug is a rough one.
Get well... rest, OJ and hot soup!

 
At March 17, 2008 at 7:29 AM , Blogger Yota said...

Oh and I was just listening to this tune on youtube...

Not meaning to sound weird here, but this would be a nice tune for Ben to run to... if he's one of those that listens to music while running.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFZBOrl6J9Q

 
At March 17, 2008 at 9:33 AM , Blogger Kim M. said...

Hmmmmm...I didn't know you liked "The The", Yota. Cool.
The song I'm hip to now (not necessarily the video) is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogharitmxSc.

As for me having a "fever", it wasn't a real fever. Rather, I was making a Christopher Walken joke from his SNL skit about Blue Oyster Colt. This youtube link shows it completely (however, it plays in double time...it is funnier in regular speed...but you'll get the idea) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKuv0Ebj59U&NR=1

Later on, Yota!

 
At March 17, 2008 at 11:21 AM , Blogger Yota said...

Disclaimer: No need to post this (what follows) to the news site, that would be your prerogative.

LOL yeah "more cowbell"
(whatever sells eh?) /sigh

Yeah well you know me, I have my head buried in a trench (deep thinker). Hopefully not sand though, just little rocks anyways....

As for sharing youtubes, as long as you are in the mood. I came across this, and it seems they are doing a reunion on may 24th at the 930 club. A place I frequented now and then in the late 70's early 80's (too old now)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tebluTKKTAQ

Found their myspace as well today
http://www.myspace.com/urbanverbs

I may try and go if I can get my eldest brother to tag along. I'm pretty excited about them :)

 
At March 18, 2008 at 6:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WooHoo! Congratulations on your marathon Ben!!!! That's awesome! Have a great week!

 
At April 19, 2008 at 8:30 PM , Blogger Yota said...

I know this is reaching back in your blog's History...
But I came across this group while looking to contact an old friend of mine. His brother played in the band, so... I emailed the band!

May not work, but on the side I thought you may like to listen. You may enjoy them :)

here's the link: http://www.efohio.com/flash2.html

Despite their name i believe they are local (Eddie from Ohio)

Cya...

 
At April 20, 2008 at 2:39 PM , Blogger Yota said...

Yup!
Got the email from EFO, and replied to my friend from the email they provided.

On a side note I was also trying to talk up the other date I spoke of on 5/24. I'll be there and tried to drag in a member of a more well known band.
Unfortunately they will be engaged, but my old friend has yet to reply... fingers crossed.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home