Kim Martucci's Blog

Kim is so in love with the science of meteorology that her number one hobby is chasing tornadoes. On her most exciting excursion into tornado alley, she spotted twelve of the dangerous storms. The story she broadcast about that trip helped earn her an Emmy Award nomination as best weathercaster in New England.

Friday, August 10, 2007

MEETING MARY BOWDEN
(GO NATS!!!!!!!!)




I can be chatty. Okay, stop rolling your eyes, I know you already know this (note to self: now you know where Zachary gets this...) So, while at the check out at an Inn in Boothbay Harbor Maine this morning, I get to talking with the nice lady behind the counter.

Nice Lady: "Oh, are you from Paramus NJ?"


Me: "That's my folks, but I grew up in Park Ridge, but now am in the DC area."

Nice Lady: "How interesting! I'm from Ridgewood, NJ. My son's the GM for the Nationals."

Me: "You mean Jim Bowden??? I actually know who he is! He and Brett Haber are always on together. Plus they have some funny promos running -- I can't believe I'm meeting Jim Bowden's mom!"


Nice Lady: "Did you say you work for a radio station?"

Me: "No, no -- I do the weather at WUSA TV 9. Your son is always on with our main sports guy. Let me take your picture -- I *have* to blog about this!"


I love this next part of the story -- She was about to send Jim a copy of an article in the Globe (Boston Globe) about Bonds scoring his record home run off the Nats. "To Bowden, History & Bonds go Together" is the headline of the article she spreads before me at the Inn registration counter. I said "Don't worry -- we won that game and that's what we care about!"

And so there you have it. Funny, huh? She has *the* lifestyle -- Florida in the winter and Maine in the summer...doesn't get any better (well, actually Maine in the winter and Maine in the summer would suit me just fine!)

And if that's not a small enough world for you, while shopping in nearby Wiscasset, a nice man from Fredericksburg VA came up to me and said "Excuse me, but aren't you Sue Palka?"

Me: "Right job, wrong woman!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home