Kim Martucci's Blog

Kim is so in love with the science of meteorology that her number one hobby is chasing tornadoes. On her most exciting excursion into tornado alley, she spotted twelve of the dangerous storms. The story she broadcast about that trip helped earn her an Emmy Award nomination as best weathercaster in New England.

Monday, September 17, 2007

WOLF TRAP BALL PICTURES

It started out simply enough Saturday morning: I would zip over to the Francis Scott Key Mall and pick up some flats. It dawned on me that a formal gown is not supposed to be several inches above your feet, so my heels would not be an option in order to wear the "Big Purple Loser" (see last blog post.)

So, I am standing there in Macy's trying to decide which hideous pair of flats I want, and cannot decide between the two in hand. Naturally, I get them both, only to wear NEITHER! Why??? Well, because I saw a sale on gowns -- gowns that seemed much more appealing than the Big Purple Loser. Gowns that were appropriately long enough for me to wear heels and ditch the shoes I just purchased!

I stuck with the color purple, though. Ben and I had a blast. We sat with Mike and Kate in the far away corner. You can tell where you rank on the social pecking order -- Andrea was at the President's table (!!) Way to go Andrea! She looked smokin' in her ensemble. The nice lady in the picture with us is Libby Lawler. She teaches at St. Thomas Aquinas Regional School. Her husband, Joseph (not pictured), is the Regional Director for the National Capital Region National Park Service. We even ran into our buddy, Chuck Caputo, from the Virginal House of Delegates. When I met his wife, Barbara, I recanted the story of how Chuck first met her and wooed her away from another suitor! She must have thought I was nuts! (At the last ball, Chuck was there with his daughter and I ended up asking him how he found a wife from Texas.)

I spoke to Chris Guerre that night and he told me Wolf Trap surpassed their $600 thousand goal. Again, all the money goes towards their non-profit national and international education outreach programs. What a great evening!

1 Comments:

At September 18, 2007 at 1:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ENJOY YOUR BLOGS ABOUT YOUR LIFE AND BOYFRIENDS - MY HUSBAND TALK ABOUT YOU AND THE 5 AM CREW AS IF YOUR APAPRT OF OUR LIFE - miKE WONDERS IF ANYBODY READS HIS BLOG BESIDES HIS SISTER AND YES i DO
THANKS FOR THE LAUGHS AND WEATHER

LEONA YOST OF POINT OF ROCKS

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home