Kim Martucci's Blog

Kim is so in love with the science of meteorology that her number one hobby is chasing tornadoes. On her most exciting excursion into tornado alley, she spotted twelve of the dangerous storms. The story she broadcast about that trip helped earn her an Emmy Award nomination as best weathercaster in New England.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

THE GREAT FREDERICK FAIR!


There is one particular live shot that I look forward to working every year -- the one that has me sleeping in an hour later and rolling out of bed and right into the Great Frederick Fair! This is such a treat as I love animals and enjoy learning about life on the farm. Feeding a baby bullcalf was one of the highlights of my work day, yesterday. You can watch video of that segment here: http://www.wusa9.com/video/player.aspx?aid=49815&bw=

The 145th Annual Great Frederick Fair is happening all week until Saturday. “The whole week from beginning to end is filled with great entertainment,” said Jim Grimes, chairman of the fair's Entertainment Committee. “It's an exceptional lineup for this year's 145th fair celebration. We are very fortunate to still be able to attract some of the biggest and best names in country music.”

Hope you can make it up to Frederick!

1 Comments:

At September 21, 2007 at 8:23 PM , Blogger Yota said...

I love animals, and one of my elder brothers is a well known Vetrenarion in Northern Virgina.

I've also worked on a farm (my cousins when it existed) in Wytheville, so I understand the work and a bit of the lfe.

I also owned a goat once, at a house we rented on Huntermill rd. behind Lake Fairfax. Named him Hampton, and he was a great friend. He helped (a little)
to keep down the acre of grass I had to mow.

County Fairs are awesome, and signal the end of the season. That I know from my short experience with farm life, but one I cherish.

Do they still have nickel pitches?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home