Kim Martucci's Blog

Kim is so in love with the science of meteorology that her number one hobby is chasing tornadoes. On her most exciting excursion into tornado alley, she spotted twelve of the dangerous storms. The story she broadcast about that trip helped earn her an Emmy Award nomination as best weathercaster in New England.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Bumper to Bumper

So, I'm hanging out with my buddy, Chilli Amar (http://www.mix1073fm.com/showdj.asp?DJID=996) today and we got to talking about the things people will say or write to us at our respective jobs. (In case you are *completely* out of the loop, Chilli is the afternoon personality on Mix107.3 along side Carson -- she keeps everyone up to speed on the traffic hang ups for the drive home, among other things.) We were comparing notes -- I get the usual "How tall are you?" and the occasional curve ball like I did today "There is a rumor that you got married; Is it true?" (the answer is no.) But Chilli had a good one that actually had me mouthing a phrase to myself in my rear view mirror while driving around this evening. Chilli actually has a contingency of people who like how she says "bumper to bumper." They contact her and tell her so!

Fast forward to this evening, while driving over to the Double T Diner, I heard her traffic update and sure enough she uttered the fave phrase. And there I was eyeing myself in my rear view mirror, practicing how I would say it! What is WRONG with me? I'll have to admit, though, it is fun to say. Now my goal will be to see if I can slip it somehow into my weather lexicon while bantering about the forecast tomorrow morning. Should you hear me say it, you'll be on the inside track.

Goodnight!

1 Comments:

At July 17, 2007 at 3:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE reading your Blog...its entertaining yet educational..i love watching you every morning. Finally there is a news channel out there where the people have a personality. I watch you every morning...Keep up the great work.

Shonda

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home