Kim Martucci's Blog

Kim is so in love with the science of meteorology that her number one hobby is chasing tornadoes. On her most exciting excursion into tornado alley, she spotted twelve of the dangerous storms. The story she broadcast about that trip helped earn her an Emmy Award nomination as best weathercaster in New England.

Friday, August 24, 2007

ALL ABOARD FOR
THOMAS THE TANK



We are off to the Island of Sodar (AKA Cumberland) in a few weeks to welcome Thomas and Friends to western Maryland!

Check out this video clip from this morning's 6am show to see the REALLY REALLY REALLY large invitation I got from my buddies in Cumberland!

I don't know about you, but I am just dying to meet Sir Topham Hatt! He seems nice and tall. And then there is Cranky the Crane...do you think he's crankier than my cat, Boodie?

I hope you'll come out and visit with me on September 28th and 29th. I plan on bringing my nephew, Zac, who introduced me to Thomas a few years ago. Here is a
link to Thomas and Friends where you can purchase tickets to the event.

It will be happening over 2 weekends in Cumberland: 9/21, 9/22, 9/23, 9/28, 9/29, and 9/30. We're going to have a great time! Toot toot!!

2 Comments:

At August 25, 2007 at 5:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kim! That's too cool! My boys Zach (12) and Ian (almost 8) LOVED Thomas when they were little. We have A LOT of money invested in those little wooden trains! We never did see the big Thomas, though. But I can imagine it will be a GREAT time! We love Cumberland too -- we're a Frostburg family -- my husband and I graduated from FSU in 1990 and we vacation in Deep Creek Lake every year. We've adopted Western Maryland as our second home! It's awesome! Have a great time on the train and maybe you'll see some foliage peeking through then!!!! Narmeen

 
At September 10, 2007 at 8:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time you are up in Cumberland, go bike riding on the Great Allegany Trail. Nice views, and it parallels the train up to Frostburg.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home