Kim Martucci's Blog

Kim is so in love with the science of meteorology that her number one hobby is chasing tornadoes. On her most exciting excursion into tornado alley, she spotted twelve of the dangerous storms. The story she broadcast about that trip helped earn her an Emmy Award nomination as best weathercaster in New England.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

THE WASHINGTON NATIONALS' BALLPARK



Will you do me a favor as you read this blog?

It involves time travel...


You see, I meant to post this blog a few weeks ago, when I spent a few mornings doing live weather from the Washington Nationals' brand new ballpark. I shot all kinds of behind-the-scenes video and had every intention of posting it, but then, well, I DIDN'T.

(the truth is that I
accidentally professed my love to the wrong dead president on live TV and was
embarrassed ... at 5:30 in the morning, you can understand that an 8' tall giant
president head of Jefferson might be mistaken for Washington -- they both wear
ponytails with a bow ...)
Oops.


So when you read this blog and check out the video below (reminder -- turn the sound off on my play list to the right if you plan on watching any of the videos), just pretend that Opening Day hasn't happened yet, okay?

Have a look at the stadium from the dug out perspective.

How about exploring the caverns of the stadium below the seats? I'm making the most of my cheap digital camera...pushing the limits of my SD card's memory...all for you!

And may we all look forward to the day when Teddy finally wins the race! "Let Teddy win!"


PLAY BALL!


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At April 11, 2008 at 6:09 AM , Blogger Yota said...

Yeah I remember catching that broadcast. You had a race with the presidents, or was it just them? It was on but I wasn't paying attention.

Anyways nice look at the park. The Nationals aren't the Senators, but they'll do. I just glad the town has baseball again.

 
At April 12, 2008 at 4:20 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your pictures are really cool. I wonder who created the human like art figures. They are really neat!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home