Kim Martucci's Blog

Kim is so in love with the science of meteorology that her number one hobby is chasing tornadoes. On her most exciting excursion into tornado alley, she spotted twelve of the dangerous storms. The story she broadcast about that trip helped earn her an Emmy Award nomination as best weathercaster in New England.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

LQQK WHAT BEN DID! MY BELTWAY BANDIT'S SURPRISE...


Early Tuesday morning, I mean EARLY Tuesday morning, my phone rang. My heart always sinks when the phone rings at the "witching hour" because it is generally not good news. Most of the time the reason behind an early morning phone call is either: "KIM WHERE ARE YOU? DID YOU OVERSLEEP???" or some kind of emergency from a loved one. So, I always get a little nervous when it rings at, say 3:30am.

But today was different. My 3:30am phone call was from my OVER - THE - TOP - THOUGHTFUL - LOVE - OF - MY - LIFE - I'D - EAT - AN - EARTHWORM (poetic license) - FOR - YOU - FIANCE.

The conversation went something like this:

Ben "What time do you think you'll be exiting off the Beltway?"

Kim "I'm about 4 minutes away. I am running very late and I am really hungry because I was too tired to get dinner last night and I noticed you took all the leftovers from the baby shower with YOU and didn't leave me much." (I HATE ME!)

Ben "Well, I have some bad news. You are going to be later."

Kim "How come?"


Ben "Because I am pulled over on the side of the road waiting for you to pick up your breakfast. There is some home made strawberry short cake, too."

Kim (Heart breaking and still HATING herself) "I love you. I am sorry I was such a crank. I can't wait to see you."

And with that I was moments away from a surprise breakfast rendez vous just inside the Capital Beltway from Ben. SIGH. Here is a quickie video of Ben at 3:30am. I had him sit in the back of the Pryus so I could get some kind of light on him. I was a HUNGRY GIRL (see future blog), but I most certainly always am a VERY LUCKY GIRL.

Sorry ladies, he's taken.

PS! Check out the "What kind of American accent do you have" quiz to the right. I took it and it nailed me...almost. It said I was from the northeast, most likely NY City. Close (about 15 miles west and across the Hudson in North Jersey...)

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At May 6, 2008 at 9:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww!!! He IS a keeper! Especially at 3:30 in the morning!!! I'm sure breakfast with Ben was totally worth being late! It's those little things you do for each other that mean so much. :)

 
At May 7, 2008 at 7:16 AM , Blogger Yota said...

Yeah, getting up and being somewhere (anywhere) at 3:30 am is above and beyond...

Good job Ben.

 
At May 8, 2008 at 9:25 AM , Blogger mad said...

Hey, I like your taste in music. Thanks for stopping by the other day. You're probably the most famous person to visit and leave a comment. Heh.

 
At May 8, 2008 at 3:52 PM , Blogger Yota said...

oh btw, when I first commented to this post your poll was not up.
It is now and I voted along with the "majority" :)

This better be GOOD! (LOL)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home